Marie Curie Lytham St Annes Fundraising Group

Marie Curie Lytham St Annes Fundraising Group

New Fundraising Group launches in Lytham St Annes to raise funds for Marie Curie

Beth True the group’s Treasurer joined the Fundraising Group for personal reasons she said, “Marie Curie is a charity that is very close to my heart. After being diagnosed with Bowel Cancer in 2004, my dad was cared for by the fantastic nurses at Marie Curie in the last few weeks of his life. These nurses enabled him to have his wish of dying in the comfort of his own home with his family at his side. This is my way of giving back to the charity that helped my family so much during such a tough time.”

The Lytham St Annes Fundraising Group will raise vital funds so Marie Curie Nurses in the Fylde area can continue to provide free care to people with terminal illnesses. 

They will raise money through supporting Marie Curie’s major fundraising campaigns such as the Great Daffodil Appeal and Blooming Great Tea Party, as well as promoting fundraising within the local community and encouraging new supporters to help the charity.

Community Fundraiser at Marie Curie, said: “The new Fundraising Group in Lytham St Annes will make a huge difference locally by helping to raise the vital funds needed to support Marie Curie Nurses, they are already looking at planning their own events and I am very happy to be able to support such an enthusiastic group!”

The local Fundraising Group are still looking for more members, so to find out more and other ways to support the charity, please get in touch.

Find out More

Contact Katherine Howell, Community Fundraiser

Ring 01254 855 043
Email Katherine.Howell@Mariecurie.org.uk 
Visit www.mariecurie.org.uk/volunteer

Marie Curie Lytham St Annes Fundraising GroupLeft – right is Jean Short, Margaret Gregory, Sarah Leahy, Beth True, Stella Rawnsley, Allan Williams

Marie Curie Lytham Fundraising Group

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *